Fixed dentures, also known as implant-supported dentures or All-on-4®️ implants, are a type of dental restoration that replaces an entire arch (upper or lower) of missing teeth. Unlike traditional removable dentures that sit on the gums or rely on adhesive creams for stability, fixed dentures are securely anchored to dental implants.
If you're seeking a long-term solution for missing teeth that offers durability, functionality, and comfortability - look no further than fixed dentures in Athens, GA! Consult with us if you think it's the right choice for you.
The Process of Getting Fixed Dentures
The process of getting fixed dentures in Athens, GA, is a multi-step procedure that requires careful planning and collaboration between you and your dentist. It begins with an initial consultation, where our dentists in Athens, GA, will assess your oral health and determine if fixed dentures are the right solution for you.
Once it is confirmed that fixed dentures are suitable for your needs, the next step involves taking impressions of your mouth to create custom-made denture molds. This ensures a perfect fit and optimal comfort. These molds are then sent to a dental laboratory, where skilled technicians fabricate the final set of fixed dentures.
While waiting for your permanent set of fixed dentures to be made, temporary ones may be provided to maintain aesthetics and function. Once the final prosthetic is ready, it will be securely attached using dental implants or other anchoring mechanisms.
After the placement of fixed dentures, there may be an adjustment period as you get accustomed to wearing them. The dentist in Athens, GA, will provide instructions on how to care for and clean them properly.
Benefits of Fixed Dentures in Athens, GA
Fixed dentures in Athens, GA, offer numerous benefits for individuals who have missing teeth or are looking to replace their traditional removable dentures.
- One of the main advantages is that fixed dentures provide a more stable and secure solution compared to other options. With fixed dentures, you can enjoy improved chewing efficiency and better speech clarity. Unlike removable dentures that may slip or move while eating or speaking, fixed dentures remain firmly in place, allowing you to eat your favorite foods without worry.
- Another benefit of fixed dentures is that they look and feel natural. They are custom-made to match the color, shape, and size of your existing teeth, providing a seamless blend with your smile. This not only enhances your appearance but also boosts your confidence.
- Additionally, fixed dentures help preserve bone structure by stimulating the jawbone when you chew. This prevents bone loss over time and maintains facial integrity.
- Maintaining fixed dentures is relatively easy compared to removable options. You can brush them just like natural teeth and maintain regular oral hygiene practices without any hassle.
Choosing fixed dentures in Athens, GA, offers several advantages, such as stability during eating and talking, a natural-looking smile, preservation of bone structure, and ease of maintenance.
Maintaining and Caring for Fixed Dentures
Maintaining and caring for your fixed dentures is crucial to ensuring their longevity and keeping your oral health in optimal condition. Here are some important tips to help you take care of your fixed dentures in Athens, GA.
- Brush daily: Just like natural teeth, it's essential to brush your fixed dentures at least twice a day using a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste. This helps remove food particles, plaque, and bacteria.
- Clean thoroughly: In addition to brushing, make sure to clean all surfaces of your fixed dentures thoroughly. This includes not only the teeth but also the gums and any attachments or clasps.
- Use a denture cleaner: Consider using a specialized denture cleaner or soaking solution recommended by our dentist in Athens, GA. These products help remove stains, odors, and other debris that may accumulate on your fixed dentures over time.
- Handle with care: When removing or inserting your fixed dentures, be gentle yet firm to avoid any damage or bending of the metal framework or acrylic base.
- Regular dental check-ups: Schedule regular visits with our dentist in Athens, GA, who can inspect and evaluate the condition of your fixed dentures and provide professional cleaning if necessary.
By following these simple steps for maintaining and caring for your fixed dentures in Athens, GA, you can ensure they stay comfortable, functional, and aesthetically pleasing for years to come!
Visit Hall Dental or contact (706) 549-8737 to determine fixed dentures in Athens, GA. Our dentists, dental assistants, and hygienists can assess the teeth, discuss any potential risks or limitations, and provide guidance on the most appropriate treatment approach for achieving a brighter and whiter smile.